Fcc and Vanity

BK1ZX70SFL at aol.com BK1ZX70SFL at aol.com
Sun Oct 6 15:13:01 EDT 1996

Isn't NN3SI the call for the Smithsonian Institute club station?

Jim, K1ZX

From: desmith at Telalink.Net (Doug Smith) (Doug Smith)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 14:42:18 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: QSO Party log checking?

Just curious...

How thoroughly do other state QSO Parties check their logs?  How much
evidence of error do you require before docking someone a QSO?  Do you
delete a QSO you believe to be wrong even if you don't have the log to prove it?

(example:  I have several logs claiming QSOs with VE3TEE.  Other logs claim
QSOs with VA3TEE.  I happen to know (through various non-ham circuits..)
that the VA prefix is right.  But, Andy hasn't sent a log and I don't expect
he will.  Would you delete QSOs with VE3TEE?

Another example: one of the more active stations in-state (and in a rare
county) has a call with a "K" on the end; let's say for arguments' sake it's
W4IJK.  I have two logs claiming QSOs with a W4IJ in that county.  Again, I
haven't received a log from this station, and don't expect to.  Should I
delete claimed QSOs with "W4IJ"?)

73 Doug

Douglas E. Smith  W9WI/4 		desmith at Telalink.net
1385 Old Clarksville Pike		(preferred for long files)
Pleasant View, TN  37146-8098 USA	       -or-
(615) 746-5205				72777.3143 at compuserve.com
		 			(preferred for time-critical info)