Vanities vs Contest Scores :-)

george fremin iii geoiii at bga.com
Tue Sep 24 22:00:07 EDT 1996

>page?  How about another reflector - 'vanitycall at ego.com'?
>
>Or, are we going to be inundated with postings such as: "Got my new call
>today - '12A34'.  It was number 5 on my list.  The mailperson delivered it at
>10:17am EST today....."?

More intresting then being told that the NCJ, QST or CQ showed
up in the mail.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.
geoiii at bga.com

From: steven at zianet.com (Steven Nace KN5H) (Steven Nace KN5H)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 20:10:14 -0600
Subject: Club Call Abuse

At 08:34 PM 9/24/96 EST, K1DG wrote:
>Would one of you guys who can make the FCC database dance check out how the
>Tucker family of La Mirada, CA has done with new calls?

I counted 36 club stations at one address.

>THere are 4 family members. All have 2-letter calls with their initials or
>close (how tacky!). As of last year, they had 23 club callsigns among them.

Still looking for their new 2 letter calls. See above, 36 clubs.

>I don't think they're contesters. I hope they get active. Think of the rate
>you can have running Tuckers!

Or just imagine if all 4 members ran around their house and worked you from
their 36 clubs stations. Hmmm, what is that, about a GROSS of them?

de KN5H  not KN5S