Power and offspring

Jerry Fray jefray at comsys.net
Thu Sep 26 22:45:09 EDT 1996

Bill Coleman wrote:

> >From:        Larry Tyree, tree at lady.axian.com
> >
> >  And when I was at W7NI, I didn't inhale.
> >
> >Tree N?TR
>
> Sheesh! Not only can the big guns go 48 hours with no sleep, but they
> don't have to breath either!
>
> Bill Coleman, AA4LR           Mail: aa4lr at radio.org
> Quote: "Not in a thousand years will man ever fly!"
>             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901
Bill -
	There's a BIG difference between not breathing and not inhaling... just
ask Bill Clinton!
--
-73-
Jerry KB9NMU

From: k0wa at southwind.net (Lee Buller) (Lee Buller)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 09:30:44 -0500
Subject: Contest Reflector

At 11:25 PM 9/25/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Hobo,
>
>The reflector that your refering to was the original contest reflector
>and was quite good for a long time. As in anything else, the word got
>around and a lot of wannabees and newbees found links to the place and
>what you now read is whats left.
>
>About nine months ago, a sub-reflector which dove tails with the original
>was set up and refeeds the inane subjects back to the inmates and in this
>way we are able to keep these turkeys down on the farm where they belong,
>while us real contesters discuss what is relevant on the sub-reflector.
>
>Also to keep these people under sedation about 5% of the sub-reflector is
>randomly rerouted back to the reflector which works like a zener supplying
>just enough electrons to activate the contest related synapses in their
>gourds. The only reason that this is done is so that we can keep the rate
>up during contests and we couldn't do this without the necessary contest
>fodder. Pretty smart huh!
>
>Please do not repeat what I have told you because I don't want to ruin my
>excellent reputation, so this message is for your eyes only!
>
>Sincerely,
>dr. Bafoofnik
>
>p.s, I have subscribed you to the sub-reflector and now you can
>     join your peers!

Dear Doktor Bafoofnik....

Please subscribe me to the real contest sub-reflector.  I feel many times I
have been hit with a crow-bar for the zener diode action.  Oh...I long for
contest releated discussions.....  Where can we go?  What can we do?  Whoa
is me!

Lee
k0wa at southwind.ent
Lee