[CQ-Contest] WPX/East/West

Tom at utd.com Tom at utd.com
Sun Apr 6 00:43:38 EST 1997

Right on Fred! I think the overpowering majority of us are in the same
boat. Somewhere along the line we got hooked and started to add an amp
here, a tower there. Next year a bigger beam, maybe a monobander or two.
Next thing you know your a semi-big-gun, or maybe still the little guys(s)
who have more heart than brains and score better than you should be able
to. Now your looking for an edge, you've done all you think you can do
equipment-wise due to your local restraints (financial, zoning, whatever).
If you succomb to the urge, you start to complain about rules, hours,
points, whatever you percieve will give you that "edge".
 The difference, as I see it, is the class-act big and little guns that
never succomb to this urge. They always talk positive, and work towards
improving, rather than changing contesting. Those guys and gals are out
there, you just have to look for them. Their mommas probably taught them
that when you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.
 Sounds to me like you're one of these guys.

73 es Keep the Faith, de Tom, N2SA (ex N2GQS) (the little pistol that
might)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com