[CQ-Contest] CQ Contest - Help !

Barry Kutner w2up at Op.Net
Sat Apr 12 14:07:52 EDT 1997

On 11 Apr 97, Charles D. Shinn <cshinn at connect.net> wrote:

> Why not charge an entry fee? One could make a case for spiffing the rewards
> and handling the admin in a more timely fashion. Good grief I can just feel the flames!   de Chuck W7MAP

That will do a lot for contest activity, like drop in thru the floor!
The problem is there are a bunch of nice guys (aka volunteers), doing
a lot of work for an organization (CQ) that makes part of its living
via the contest activity. I don't know about the rest of you, but I
think CQ is a pretty poor mag, and the only reason I get it is for
the contest stuff in it.  CQ should take responsibility for the
awards, in the form of paid employees and/or independent contractors
(maybe even the same folks doing it now), but with a higher authority
to answer to.

Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up at op.net
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry at w2up.wells.com

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com