[CQ-Contest] WW97CW, JAs, and VY1JA

J. Allen jallen at yecl.ca
Tue Dec 2 19:10:22 EST 1997

To All:

The contest held true to its start.  I ended up with over 2000 QSOs and
nearly a million points.  The contest was a great pleasure due to the
fantastic band conditions and to the excellent manners of the JA station
operators.  I was able to hold very high rates (for me) with the long JA
callsigns, because they would listen.  When I asked for something as small
as "T" they would stand by for the station with the T.  It was simply
great.

I am still stumbling along with the CW, but I am learning.  Thanks to the
many ops that put up with it.  I use a narrow filter during contesting so
that I can pick one out of the pileups.  I am aware that once during the
contest I stepped on someone else's frequency because of it.  I moved
immediately when I was made aware of it.

I hope most of  the score is left after it is reviewed by the contest
committee.

I am looking forward to finding you in the 10 meter contest later this
month.

J.Allen,  (A.R.S. VY1JA)
jallen at yecl.ca
YECL