[CQ-Contest] Corrected: Where was Zone 2 on 40 (and maybe other bands)?

Dale L. Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Tue Dec 2 06:41:20 EST 1997

Sunday afternoon, at 22:41Z, I worked VE2UA/zone 2.  Only a
couple of minutes earlier, I heard and participated for a short time
in a pile-up on another VE2 farther down the band.  I left that pile
knowing I would not get through the crawling mass in a timely
manner.  Up about 10 or 15kHz, I came across a weak signal
calling CQ...VE2UA..."right. Fat chance he's in zone 2."  Called
him once, he came back with my call, 599, and 2!! When he
TU'ed my report, three or four other stations began calling him.
whew!

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com