[CQ-Contest] Multi-Single

Rick Bullon kc5ajx at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 7 00:10:46 EST 1997

 For CQWW and ARRL DX, there should be NO SINGLE OP unassisted class,
>there is too much cheating going on.  You really cold not get packet
>here in the sticks of WPA for a long time, but now the internet access
>has changed all that.

This is also my class in the contests. As for packet or internet access,
I have all the equiptment fro Pcket except a decent computer ( I tried
to use an old Radio Shack Color computer. it is usless for ham radio).
My only computer is in another room from the sahck as my wife refuses to
enven enter the shack thus I have no packet or internet acess in the
shack until I get another computer.
  As for cheaters we can't stop them if they want or have to cheat they
will find a way, and if they win how much does that award really mean to
them or us if they won by cheating then it thay might as well put the
award in the bathroom and use it there when they run out of toliet paper
as that is about as much as it is worth.
  The single op unassited class is the biggest class in the contests
with out it you might as well cancel ALL the contest and then we can all
just work on WAS and DXCC.
73
Rick
KC5AJX