[CQ-Contest] Multi-Single

Jay O'Brien w6go at quiknet.com
Sun Dec 7 16:41:29 EST 1997

Dean,

  Even if you can PROVE that people were cheating, if it is an ARRL
contest, the ARRL Contest desk is likely to completely ignore your input
no matter how well documented.  After one SS contest where several
well-known folks, including a NCCC Past President, a DXCC card checker
and an ARRL advisory committee member were clearly shown pleading on
packet for spots for needed sections, the ARRL accepted their single-op
entries.  I was made out to be the "bad guy" for insisting that rules be
followed.

  If you intend to participate in future contests, don't tweak the
contest administration gods with details of transgressions by holy
persons.  It will come back to haunt you if you do.  I know.

  73, Jay
      w6go at quiknet.com

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com