[CQ-Contest] Re: [TowerTalk] old books

kx9x at juno.com kx9x at juno.com
Wed Dec 10 21:56:20 EST 1997

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997 21:15:47 -0500 (EST) "L. B. Cebik"
<cebik at utkux.utcc.utk.edu> writes:
>> This is no big deal for me as I was going to throw them out anyhow
>
>Please!  to all who have old books, never (NEVER, please) throw them
>out
>without trying to find a new home for them.  This is not a plea from a
>collector who places them on a shelf to show them off, but from
>someone
>who regularly reads them and learns from them--both stuff that shows
>how
>we have progressed and stuff that shows what we have forgotten along
>the
>way--along with how old some of our new ideas really are.

ABSOLUTELY! There are a lot of folks who would love to have access to
this information; newcomers to the hobby, folks who can't afford to buy
it themselves (students, fixed-income folks, etc.), not to mention some
of our Bretheren in far-off lands who have poor access to technical data.

At the VERY least, please  give them to your local club or library. DON'T
just pitch it.

Did I forget to say please, too?

Sean

Sean Kutzko, Amateur Radio KX9X