[CQ-Contest] TS940 Problem Update

W1HIJ--Bill W1HIJ at contesting.com
Thu Dec 11 12:30:45 EST 1997

I've gotten quite a few messages regarding my original posting on the
"hiccup" problem. Here's a summary of the info:

Consensus is that the cause is the aging of a particular xfrmr on the
synthesizer board rather than issues related to computer control. (Just
another case of the post hoc fallacy leading me down a garden path!)

I do not yet have the specific component identified by part number. As soon
as I do I'll post the info. Kenwood apparently is aware of the problem and
at least one person reported that they fixed his under warranty. As soon as
I dig out from under some unexpected crises at work I'll pursue the details
with Kenwood and pass along the info.

73, Bill
W1HIJ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com