[CQ-Contest] 1 station, 2 callsigns

Ralph Bowen rbowen at iglobal.net
Sat Dec 13 03:31:42 EST 1997

tgstewart at pepco.com wrote:

> I cant agree completely, although I think some modifications could be made.
>

> I also dont agree with allowing single ops more than one signal at a time
> for the same reasons that it isnt allowed on HF.  During contests, there is
> no lack of activity.  6 and 2 meters are always used to schedule contacts
> on the other bands and these bands are overcrowded during contests anyway.
> We dont need a bunch of blind CQing tearing up those bands.

In your part of the country, this is true.  Come out to West Texas for
some VHF contests.  You can CQ for hours on 2M & up & never get a soul.
You are to be congratulated on your great scores up there.  I was
impressed that in one 2M sprint, you worked more stations than I have in
several years of very serious VHF activity!!

There is plenty of available spectrum, especially on 222 & up.  Let's
not discourage ANY weak signal activity on these bands.  If a single op
can call CQ and generate activity on 5 bands at once, let him do it!!
For ya'll in the more populated areas, there is plenty of bandwidth
available.

Remember  -  we do worldwide HF contests in essentially less than 100
KHz (per band) of spectrum (on CW) and only slightly more than that on
phone.

Some of the UHF bands have more room than anyone could ever want!!!

DO NOT DISCOURAGE WEAK SIGNAL VHF/UHF ACTIVITY WITH HF RULES!!!!

73,  Gator   N5RZ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com