[CQ-Contest] Strange 10m. L-paths

Randy Thompson RThompson at factorysoft.com
Mon Dec 15 12:42:57 EST 1997

I have had some interesting experiences with 10m long path in the past.
Around 1979-1980 from K5RC I was able to work EU on 10m long path.  This
opening was very weak and would occur just after the VK/ZL signals faded
out.  As I recall, the time was 05-07Z.  I do remember working an
Italian station one night this way.

On a completely unrelated note, in 1981 I continuously copied the 28 Mhz
telemetry downlink from an OSCAR satellite as it travelled 1-1/2 times
around the earth!  Figure out that path.

Bring on the sunspots.

Randy, K5ZD

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com