[CQ-Contest] more:one station two callsigns

Martin Luther MartinL at AppDes.com.au
Tue Dec 16 11:34:05 EST 1997

KA0RNY,Nate, wrote

>An initial reaction is, "The rulz is the rulz,"

Rules are written by human beings. All human beings (except me, of
course) can make mistakes.
We, the contest community, can make and change rules by our influence
and that is correct and as it should be.

>  Imagine the scenerio where a single world class
>station capable of operating the 6 HF contest bands simultaneously in
>CQWW, either mode, enters six seperate single band/single op scores
>all with different calls.  Now, if a naive person like me can dream
>that one up....

Oh dear, my immorality is showing again! I cannot see anything wrong
with this scenario. At least it is no different in moral basis from a
guest op using a better station than they can build themselves. The fact
that six guest ops are at the one location seems to make no difference
to the basic morality.

What are you going to define as a QTH or equipment?. Supposing I live
next door to another HAM, due to space llimitations we have one 80 metre
diple over our properties which we share. Can we both operate the same
contest while each making some QSO's on 80 using the shared antenna?

I think this is a situation where the exceptions make a nonsense of any
rules. Going back to my basic understanding of the equivalence of moral
positions then if we accept guest operators under any callsign i.e.
station call or personal call. Then we have to accept multiple guest
operators.

Of course my fundamentalist position is that you can't be a REAL single
op unless you own and/or build ALL the equipment in use. However, I have
no intention of advocating this position as it ignores some realities of
life especialy for the young contester.

Martin VK5GN
MartinL at appdes.com.au

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com