[CQ-Contest] Strange 10m. L-paths

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Tue Dec 16 05:55:13 EST 1997

Hello Mauri,

During the 10 Meter Contest, did experience signal peaks from Florida,
with the antenna pointing towards the SE.  Have had this happen several
times ... I guess maybe some backscatter to work US stations and skewed
path to work EU stations!

However, during the 1989 IARU Contest (July), I had one of the most
strangest openings on 10 Meters, that I have ever had.  Here is a list
of my 10 Meter QSO's and strange times I worked the DX.

0002Z  HG89HQ
0002Z Y61HQ
0004Z FD1OHM
0009Z ZL3GQ
0016Z DK3GI
0019Z SP2ASJ
0021Z JA1KFX
0023Z RQ7W
0024Z JA1GUC
0025Z SP5DRH
0028Z F89/F6BHK
0040Z JH3KEA

(also worked US stations during this time ... band was open to EU, JA,
and ZL at the same time!)

Later, I worked more ....

0241Z EA8AB
0500Z UB5EF
0502Z YO5KLE
0509Z SV1NA
0536Z YU7BJ
0538Z 5H1HK
0545Z RA3RN
0546Z HA5JI
0610Z YU7BCD
0657Z UB3IWA
0711Z UZ6LWA
0713Z UL7MU

My log also has 20 and 15 meters open to EU during this time.  10 opened
up to EU again at 1040 where I worked EU until the end of the contest at
1200Z!!

Only other strange QSO was working VQ9 during the bottom of the cycle,
and we were the only 2 stations on 10 meters!

That's what makes 10 Meters interesting ... you never know what is going
to happen tomorrow!

Happy Holidays,  Ron  WD4AHZ

--
ICQ #5012385