[CQ-Contest] Wireless Headsets

Jeffrey Maass jmaass at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Tue Dec 16 08:23:01 EST 1997

I've listened to the Radio Shack model, but ended up buying the Sony
version for $101 at a local Circuit City store. List is $150.

Both are 900 MHz, but the Sony version is 'around the ear' rather than
'crushing the ear' style, and in my in-store tests, the Sony heaadset
showed considerably less break-up as I moved around the store.

It's quite liberating to be able to monitor a pileup on 160 M while
running to the kitchen, bathroom, etc.

73,

Jeff Maass       (jmaass at freenet.columbus.oh.us)      Amateur Radio K8ND
      USPSA/IPSC # L-1192   NROI/CRO          NW of Columbus Ohio
      25000 Members in 2000!

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com