[CQ-Contest] 1 too many calls

Gary A. Nieborsky PE k7fr at televar.com
Wed Dec 17 17:19:14 EST 1997

Silly me.......I had an opportunity to run this past our corporate lawyer:

H.A transmitter used to contact one or more stations may not subsequently
be used under any other call during the contest period (with the exception
of family stations where more than one call is assigned by FCC/DOC).

His un-official (unless I was willing to let him bill the company
$175/hour) reaction was that the wording does prohibit the use of the
transmitter by persons unrelated to the station licensee and his relatives
for any purpose during the contest period.  This would be for ANY purpose
not just contesting.  He also felt that relatives could contest under their
own calls.

I formally swallow my previous post.

However......he also felt that the rule did not preclude the use (by
non-related parties) of a seperate transmitter that had not been engaged in
the act of contesting at that location.

So.....you can do multi single op single antenna or multi single op multi
antenna.....2 new entry classes!!!

Now that I've slain juris prudence......

73 Gary K7FR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com