[CQ-Contest] Sprint on Valentine's Day--No Way!

PaulKB8N PaulKB8N at aol.com
Wed Dec 24 11:44:52 EST 1997

Gang,

I note in the most recent CQ magazine that the CW Sprint is scheduled for the
15th Zulu time, which is the 14th of February, Valentine's Day.  At least in
my case, my wife puts up with enough holiday and weekend activity
(Thanksgiving and Memorial Day weekends and more), that I'm not going to deny
her an evening out on Valentine's Day.  Restaurant owners will tell you that
it is one of the busiest nights of the year.

What are the chances of changing it to the 16th?  A Sunday evening contest
might actually be a lot of fun and wouldn't put any additional stress on
anyone, since it is such a short contest.  I'd rather be tired on Monday
morning, but have a happy spouse!

Paul, KB8N

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com