Duel Club ARRL Scoreing

K7SV at aol.com K7SV at aol.com
Sat Feb 1 10:55:13 EST 1997

The first time that I became aware of the dual club contest score
contribution discussion was long before it appeared in NCJ or on this
reflector.  In this case a group from the Woodbridge Wireless club did a m/m
effort in one of the major contests.  Most of the members of the Woodbridge
club were also members of the Patomac Valley Radio Club.  They made the
decision to contribute their score to the Woodbridge club and this spawned
some fairly bad blood between a number of individuals.  Our desire for dual
club contribution had absolutely nothing to do with paper clubs.

At some point after the Woodbridge bruhaha, John N4MM became aware of it and
our desire for a ruling on score contribution to more than one club.  I think
he states his case well in NCJ, but in a nutshell, he belongs to a dx club
that would like to get recognition for their efforts in thier local club and
their contest club.

I don't believe the origin of this thread had anything to do with unethical
self promotion by any sleezy group, but it's very apparent that in many
mistrusting minds that was case.

73 de Larry K7SV - Just another of those damn contesters that can't be
trusted!