CW Sprint

mark.obermann at andrew.com mark.obermann at andrew.com
Fri Feb 7 10:26:00 EST 1997

     Send all CW Sprint team registrations and logs to:

     cwsprint at contesting.com

     73,
     Mark AG9A

From: larrytx at co.intel.com (LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc) (LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 11:57:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Sprint teams

CW Sprint teams registration AND logs can all go to
cwsprint at contesting.com.  They will end up going to AG9A who is the
new CW Sprint editor.

73 Tree N6TR
tree at contesting.com

From: k7fr at concord.televar.com (Gary Nieborsky) (Gary Nieborsky)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 12:57:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 160M test from Colombia

I'm back from my trip to Colombia and would like to share these observations
of the 160M contest as heard on my hosts Sony car radio (continuous coverage
from 30 to 30000 kc's).

It was difficult to only listen to the test, my fingers kept looking for the
INS key to send the exchange.

The roving security guards thought that was nuts and/or a M19 spy......

I clipped the following out of Jimmys 3830 posting and added editorial comment:

CALL             HRS         SCORE       Q'S       PTS    ST/VE    DX
N1TM              13         19,240      230       520      34      3
---------- I heard folks working you but couldn't you.
N4CM              13         13,024      160                34      3
--------- Loud!!!
P40WA             28      1,050,000      980                56     66
-----incredibly loud
P49I                        970,000      814                55     65
-----only exceed by WA
K8CC (W8MJ)       38        451,215     1119      4065      56     55
------ wow......
W7GG                        132,000      614                55     18 -----
only NW station heard...559
OH2HE                       622,291      928      5507      40     73  -----
only EU heard.....339

Strangely.....aside from P4's no other SA/Carib stations heard......did
anyone work any????

Heard a number of W6's way down in the mud, a few W0's the same......few
east coast, no AF.  My listening time was limited due to thunderstorms,
pesky miniature mosquitos, the Colombian Army helicopters and a drink called
Aguardiente.  My qth was near Melgar, down in the jungle near the equator.

73 Gary K7FR