[CQ-CONTEST] ARRLDX Phone - 80/160M

Martin Ellis jmellis at ihug.co.nz
Sun Feb 23 18:02:58 EST 1997

Hi to the contest group,

I have OH5BM Tapani as a guest operator next weekend, and he
has asked me to get some info about best times to
work North America on 80/160M.  We are hoping to put up
some new antennas, so I would appreciate some ideas.

The details I have for 80M from ZL to North America is:
	Band opening   0530Z
	W1-W2 peak     1100 to 1200Z
        W6 peak        1400Z
        Band close     1500Z

Could someone active on these bands confirm the 80M data above,
and advise comparative times for 160M?

We are planning a multiop/ single transmitter effort, and hope
to use our time to best advantage between 40/80/160M at night.

Regards,
Martin ZL1ANJ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com