[CQ-Contest] Administrative: List performance of 3830, cq-contest

Jim Reisert AD1C at tiac.net
Mon Feb 24 15:26:11 EST 1997

I installed some new software which breaks up the 3830 and cq-contest lists
into smaller chunks for distribution.  This should result in a faster
turn-around time from when you send your message to the time you see it
'reflected' back to you.

I'd be interested in hearing reports from people who notice either an
increase or decrease in their response time.

I know this isn't a scientific request.  I just want to get an idea of the
value add of the new software.

For example, I forwarded a message to 3830 and saw it reflected back to me
about 5-10 minutes later.  Considering the number of subscribers, and the
fact that AOL and a site in Argentina have been down, I'd say that's pretty
good!

Reply directly to me with your comments, not the list, please!

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert <AD1C at tiac.net>               http://www.tiac.net/users/ad1c/

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com