[CQ-Contest] Icom IC-756 tryout

Tom Cooper cooper at gmpvt.com
Thu Feb 27 14:56:45 EST 1997

Thanks to K6AW for the second, and probably better informed, opinion.
The radio I tried was at PACE Engineering in Tucson, AZ.  The ARRL CW DX
Contest was in full tilt and the antenna was some sort of tri-bander on
the roof.  No one working at the store had any experience with the IC-756,
so they gave me the manual and I spent an hour or so listening and fiddling.

Perhaps this particular radio is defective.  I really would like to have a
scope gadget that works at least half way as well as the SS-1V on my SS-1R.

Tom W1EAT

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com