[CQ-Contest] PCMCIA Serial Port Update

T. Wall tjwall at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 31 23:14:59 EDT 1997

Made a few calls to see who has what in the way of a 2-port laptop
serial card. I settled on a 2-port Silicom (that's not a typo) unit p/n
SLS2S-H from A+ Computing (1-800-878-1354) for $175. Other prices ranged
from 179 for a one-port board to 249 for a 2-port board.

They confirmed that the ports can be assigned IRQ 3-7 and 9-12 so it
should work ok with CT. Once I get it I'll provide some info on how it
works.

Thanks to KH7U for the lead which pointed me to these folks.

73 de Tom K2TW			tjwall at worldnet.att.net

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com