[CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes Legends

bogus at does.not.exist.com bogus at does.not.exist.com
Thu Jul 10 16:07:40 EDT 1997

<< As I recall, the first full-capability two-radio efforts
 that gained wide-spread recognition in SS were done by WB6OLD in
 the early-to-mid 1970's from the QTH of Ted Gillette, W6HX.
  >>snip
How did this get up work?  Check the top-ten box for 1974,
printed in QST, May 1975, p. 60.

For whatever this is worth, WB6OLD's (now KR6X) SS activities in recent years
from my QTH, some top 10...some not (never enough hardware), with the first
year being an exception...all other efforts have been with one radio and two
amplifiers. Leigh is in the process of buying a home and moving his new
family, otherwise I would try to get his comments on one vs two radios. I do
think he feels he is close to being as competitive with one as with two
radios from discussions we have had.

Terry - W6TG (ex N6UR)

OA

 -