[CQ-Contest] Some Contest-Rule Topics

bogus at does.not.exist.com bogus at does.not.exist.com
Tue Jul 15 13:57:38 EDT 1997

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Richard J Norton wrote:
> 1) Should QRP and/or low-power category entrants call stations using
> high-power, and ask them to listen for their QRP/low-power signal?
    No. Similarily They should be not be allowed to have a QRO or semi-QRO
friend or accomplice call a station and then ask that station to "listen
for" the lesser powered station. This happens to me regularly when I'm
running Europe.
> 2) If the answer to 1) is no, should there be a rule against it?
      Yes
> 3) Should single-band category entrants move contacts and/or multipliers
> to their band from other bands?
      Yes. If that band is so worked out that the station has time to
cruise the other bands looking for mults to move to the desired band, then
the additional activity on the currently propagated band will be helpful
to the contest overall.

> Note that most contests allow single-band entrants to make other-band
> contacts as a "check log." The question is after making these check-log
> contacts, can they move the stations to their band?
>
> Dick Norton, N6AA
    Thanks for the chance to respond!
        73 and I remain,    Lew      ex n7avk

         Lew  Sayre   W7EW/W7AT           lew at teleport.com
         P.O.Box  3110                    Fax 503-391-2258
         Salem, Oregon 97302              160M thru 1296MHz

 -
 ---
Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com