[CQ-Contest] NAQP CW Contest

Dale Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Wed Jul 16 19:12:09 EDT 1997

It was late last night before I finally got a chance to sit down
with the just-arrived August 1997 QST Magazine.  I checked
the Contest Corral, and lo and behold, I find that NAQP rules
have changed.  It is now a 24 hour contest (0600 Z August 2
to 0600Z August 3), with no off-times, to boot!  Cool!  Now,
if only they would just add a QRP category.

During the cold light of day, reasonableness set in....now,
wouldn't there have been more conversation about it in recent
NCJ's or an announcement in QST?  Wouldn't there have been
at least one thread about it on the CQ Contest reflector?

I pulled out the January/February 1997 NCJ and checked the
NAQP rules.  Yup...1800Z, August 2 through 0600Z, August 3,
10 hours maximum operating time.  No change.

Bob/Steve/Billy/Bev:  Who's correct?  QST or NCJ?

Until I am told otherwise, I plan to show up for NAQP at 1800Z, August 2.
But, I'll just happen to check the bands at 0555Z, too.

73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u at hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u