[CQ-Contest] RE: Disapointed again !

Sante IK0HBN ik0hbn at isa.it
Thu Jun 12 13:16:02 EDT 1997

At Wed, 11 Jun 1997 11:18:42 -0500 (CDT) Ray Rocker * WQ5L * wrote:

>Let me guess: you e-mailed your log to contest at arrl.org.
>
>contest at arrl.org has been USELESS to me as a log submission route.
>Time and time again, logs I have e-mailed there have disappeared
>into the void. (And no, they did not bounce.)
>
>The last straw was CW SS, when my first ever 1000 QSO result failed
>to show up in the results.

Hi guys,
sometimes missing logs could be human, but sending receipts for having
received logs safely and after do not putting scores in the lists...is
orrible...hi.
An italian tale said:"There are not 2 withouth 3".
I am the third unlucky one...eh eh.
Briefly here's the story.
As the ARRL DX CW 1997 contest ended I sent my log to Billy. As after a lot
of days I didn't receive any receipt, I sent them again. After a couple of
days I found on my mail two messages from Billy, the first one asked me to
send log again as they had had difficulties in decoding my log, the second
one was a receipt for my log.
I sent immediately a message to Billy asking what I had to do: sendind or
not sending log again for the third time.
His reply was quick:
At Arrl there were difficulties in retriving my log, but as I had sent them
twice, the second try was successfull, He gently added the receipt for my log.
Luckly I have the habit of not trashing anything.....(my eudora has plagued
by something like 15 k messages, but now I am happy of that...eh eh), so I
added below the message of Billy KR1R.
I show it as I received it, without quoting it:

THIS IS HIS FIRST MESSAGE OF CORRECT RECEIPT THAT CAUSED ME SOME CONFUSION