[CQ-Contest] DARA FM Zip Contest

ACE aceflock at erinet.com
Mon Mar 31 20:57:45 EST 1997

This Sunday, 6 April 1997, DARA (Dayton Amateur Radio Association) is
sponsoring the second DARA FM Zip(tm) Contest.

The object is to work as many amateur stations in as many U. S. ZIP codes
as possible using the authorized FM simplex Frequencies in the 50, 144,
222, and 440 MHz bands. Mode of operation is FM phone only.

The contest will run from 1800 UTC-2200 UTC.

While I know this message will go out to stations outside our area, I
thought it would be of interest as a contest that others might want to try.
This idea was conceived as one way to spark interest in new comers to the
hobby.

The first contest took place on 2 February 1997, with very good results.
There were around 100 stations that participated with 28 stations
submitting log sheets. What was surprising was the fact that we had one
station participate from the Columbus, Ohio area. He happened to be
scanning the band on 220 when he heard me call CQ contest. He then had a
small pile-up when other stations on frequency found out where he was. He
also worked a number of stations on 2 meters.

As a result of this small contest, several people are now in the process of
upgrading so they can work contests on the HF bands.

For further information on the rules, log sheets and summary sheet point
your browser to http://www.erinet.com/aceflock .

Who knows, with a little luck and ducting you might hear my call on one of
the bands.

73 de Ace, N8QNP

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com