[CQ-Contest] 40 LP Night One

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sat Mar 1 16:47:59 EST 1997

In a message dated 97-03-01 15:35:49 EST, kw4t at erols.com (Dan Weisenburger)
writes:

<< BYW  how can a KW be 30 over s9 but unable to hear me at all????
 I should be 10 to 20 over with only 10 dB less signal.  I really like to
 know the straight skinny on this one, and it seemed to be everywhere.

 I checked the antenna this afternoon and all seems well.  >>

         Sounds pretty frustrating.  Maybe the station that you're calling
has 40 over adjacent QRM, rain static, electrical noise from fence, power
lines, etc., one-way skip, his beam is pointed some other direction, etc.
 There could be a myriad of reasons.  Reminds me of calling the LOUD!! LZ, I
and HA stations with not so much as a QRZ.  Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

     Don't discount SSB QRM.  It's true that your report may be 59 but there
could be 20 over QRM that wipes you out.  It happens.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com