[CQ-Contest] Re: IC-781 opinions

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Mon Mar 3 10:26:20 EST 1997

<< John, NT5C.

 "P.S. That's why value-oriented engineers (like me) always buy Toyota
 Camrys, while scientists (money no object) buy BMWs and Mercedes, right
 guys?"

 Or, quality engineers, like myself, buy Volvos.  Hi..hi.

 Gary, KD6RXT

Or, practical hands-on engineers, buy old (low miles) big mother American car
- get safety (non of this front-wheel drive ameba rice/Eu coffins), almost no
maintenance cost and parts everywhere - cheap! Save a buck on the insurance
cost too - so I can buy Icom 781 when it comes by (practically new, for a
song).
Watch for K3BU/M from 72 Buick LaSabre with mobile kW, even on 160 (Biiiiig
groundplane) and CW.
 Wish I get as much info on 781 as I am getting on cars. Hi
Yuri K3BU, VE3BMV

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com