[CQ-Contest] T1MC vs TM1C (ethics?)

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Mar 6 12:40:24 EST 1997

At 01:44 AM 3/6/97 +0000, Douglas Zwiebel wrote:
>So.....
>
>The BIG question is:  1) DID YOU CHANGE THAT CALL IN YOUR LOG TO TM1C,
>                      2) LEAVE IT AS IS (T1MC)?
>                      3) DELETED THE QSO COMPLETED
>                      4) LEFT IT IN, COUNTED IT AS ZERO POINTS.
>                      5) OTHER?

OK, I'll stir the pot a little, realizing that this is a hardy perennial
and we're not likely to reach a consensus.  If I felt pretty sure that it
was just dyslexic typing (TM1C was pretty loud, after all), or if I caught
it during the contest (through a contact on another band, for instance),
then I'd have no problem with changing it after the contest ended.  If
anything more than that was involved, post-contest, then I'd leave it in
the log unchanged (after all TM1C probably logged it, and why penalize them?).

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr at contesting.com

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com