[CQ-Contest] Would-be contester Surfing the Net (final)

Martin Ellis jmellis at ihug.co.nz
Thu Mar 13 13:47:13 EST 1997

Hi again to the Contest group.

< Can some more experienced person help a little further...
  1.  Are the cqcontest/wpx rules really meant for 1997,
      or are they a carryover from 1996?
  2.  Were there any significant entries in the new
      categories in 1996?  >

Thanks to the kind folk who came to the rescue, and helped
point the WWWeb browser in the right direction.

Lesson 1.  The best contest info page is by
by Jan Almedal,LA9HW;  NRRL HF Contest Manager

  http://home.sn.no/~janalme/hammain.html

or for the current month:-

  http://home.sn.no/~janalme/march.html

Thanks to Kristinn TF3KX, Ron KK1L, and Jim W4LC for this info.

Lesson 2. Go to the LA9HW homepage, and click on
WPX Contest:-
< Welcome to the CQ WPX Contest Home Page. This page is
maintained by N8BJQ.
*  1997 WPX SSB Final Results
*  1997 WPX Contest Rules  >

Let us try for the 1997 (oops- 1996) results:-

Here is the url for the 1996 WPXSSB results:
  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/n8bjq/ssbscore.htm

Now for the 1997 WPX rules:
  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/n8bjq/97rules.htm

Cheers...made it at last.

Tnx Dieter DF4RD for the same links via the
Bavarian Contest Club <BCC>.  Same link to N8BJQ home page.

Lesson 3.  Thanks Bruce, WA7BNM for the March issue of
the excellent WA7BNM contest calendar- (no rules).

< BTW, the best URL to view my contest calendar:

  http://www.primenet.com/~scdxc/contestcal.html

I'm about to e-mail and post the March version of the calendar.
Hope to hear you on during WPX -- I'll be 15m single band.
73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at netcom.com)  >

Lesson 4.  The best Web packet-cluster and DX bulletins
homepage is by Jukka OH2BUA- but no contest info.

  http://www.clinet.fi/~jukka/webcluster.html

Thanks to the other keen contesters who sent encouragement:
  Bill W1HIJ, Pete N4ZR, Jim K4OJ, Jeff AJ2U, and Dan KW4T.

Congratulations to our friends in Europe- they seem to have
the best pages. This must be what the Net is really about.

Regards,
Martin ZL1ANJ
(order more coffee and coke for the WPX)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com