[CQ-Contest] Pd'A score and Trey's request

Jim Pratt n6ig at netcom.com
Tue Mar 25 08:56:08 EST 1997

Sorry, Trey, I tried to follow your wishes.  I put you in my log for the
P d'A contest...in fact, I put you in many times per band.  And, to make
sure my score got in to the contest sponsors in time, I sent it ahead of
the contest.  Unfortunately, it appears to have already been judged, and
all of our QSOs have been deleted from the log!

I got a note from chief log-checker Nick Dorton, and he told me the
following:

"All QSOs with N5KO have been disallowed as N5KO is far too unique an
individual.  Other QSOs have been allowed to stand as the stations
contacted are mediocre at best.  In the future, please try and limit your
QSOs with more run-of-the-mill operators and try to avoid the unique
operators."

I had no idea that the state of the art in unique checking had come that
far.  Better luck next year!

Jim  N6IG

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com