N4KG: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX

T. A. Russell n4kg at juno.com
Thu Mar 27 04:34:34 EST 1997

From: N4KG
To: JEH at on.mobile.telia.se
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 10:39:45 PST

Jan - SM2EKM de N4KG

We have already seen that Caribbean stations (2 pts /NA) cannot
compete with South Americans who get 3 points/NA QSO.  And you
want to deprive USA stations even 1 point for working other NA stations?
ZERO point contacts eliminate all incentive for rare prefix stations to
call
common prefix stations.  Not exactly a level playing field!

Under the existing rules, ALL Europeans get 1 point (on the high bands)
for working ALL OTHER Europeans (except their own country).

Since you are concerned about keeping this a WORLD WIDE event,
perhaps the scoring should be changed such that ALL same continent
contacts are ZERO points.  How do you think your fellow Europeans
would like that scenario?

IMHO, there is no logical place for ZERO point contacts in any contest!

de Tom - N4KG
.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com