[CQ-Contest] Re: aviation headsets

Dan Weisenburger kw4t at erols.com
Sat May 31 21:22:38 EDT 1997

Hello Tatsuro,

I have used David Clark Aviation headsets and attached the Heil HC-4
mike element to the boom.

The results are fantastic.  I use these on Field Day as well and they
drown out the sound of the generator which is usually very loud and very
close.

A slightly more comfortable but less noise reduction aviation headset
is by Pilot Avionics.  I have a commerative headset which I received as a
gift which might not be appropriate in Japan because it celebrates the
American P-51 which was used during the unpleasentness between our two
countries.  I took this unit to a friend who was able to mold a new
mike holder, almost indistinguishable from the original, to hold the heil
HC-4.  This headset works well when there are other conversations in the
room but does not drown out the generator noise.  I prefer this headset
when flying because it permits me to hear the sound of the engine.

Good Luck in your Quest and 73 from Dan,  KW4T

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com