[CQ-Contest] Hygain 155CA

bogus at does.not.exist.com bogus at does.not.exist.com
Mon May 5 16:18:49 EDT 1997

4.0.995.52
Sender: owner-cq-contest at contesting.com

I just purchased a Hygain 155CA with the intention of stacking it with
a homebrew 5-el 15m (35 foot boom) that is already up.
·	Anyone have any suggestions on strengthening the 155CA?
·	Any improved designs out there?

What issues should I be concerned with when stacking two dissimilar
antennas?
I have been using Terrain Analysis software by K6STI and N6BV to try
to determine the optimum stacking heights.  My location has nothing in
common with the flat ground normally used for showing antenna
patterns!
It is my gut belief that the terrain analysis has some value.  The
things I see with my 20m stack seem to bear out what the computer
model says (this is highly subjective!).  Anyone else have an opinion
on this?
The heights I am thinking about are 65' over 42'.  This is partly due
to physical constraints and what the TA software suggests.  This is
much closer than I would have expected.  Any thoughts?
I am tired of getting pounded on 15m during the second and third hours
of the EU openings (no comments from you out west).
Randy, K5ZD

Randy Thompson
Director of Marketing                     rthompson at arcweb.com
Automation Research Corporation, 3 Allied Drive, Dedham, MA 02026
Tel (617) 461-9100 x-150   Fax (617) 461-9101  Web
http://www.arcweb.com

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com