[CQ-Contest] Re: 2 radios

Lau, Zack, W1VT zlau at arrl.org
Tue May 6 14:16:00 EDT 1997

KB8N writes:

><< If you want to tune two radios simultaneously on CW
> helps to have one radio set for USB and the other for LSB.
>
> --Zack Lau W1VT >>
>
>I've been there and done that, and it seems more confusing to me than
>helpful.  I used a single VFO to control two Ten-Tec transceivers on 40M and
>20M simultaneously and was always wondering which way to turn the knob for
>the desired signal.

I think the difference is that I'm tuning both knobs simultaneously,
while you
are using one knob to control two radios.  With a bit of practice, I
know that the
radio on the right tunes one way and the radio on the left tunes the
other way.
The USB/LSB adds a futher correlation, so I can more quickly identify
which
radio has the signal I want in addition to the left/right headphones.
  --Zack W1VT

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com