[CQ-Contest] Re: Optimum Keyer Speed for WPX

Sante IK0HBN ik0hbn at isa.it
Tue May 27 08:58:54 EDT 1997

At 16.50 26/05/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Jim - I didn't mean to make this a Europe vs US thing.
>
>The point of a contest is to get the information across.  I agree that it is
>much easier to copy if the other guy sends the exchange in the expected
format.
>I listen for 5NN and then expect 3 digits.  Unfortunately, K1EA's CT
software
>does not include the leading zeroes so you have to put up with only one or
two
>digits until the other guy gets over 100!

SNIP

Hi Randy,
CT allows leading zeroes: it's enough starting the contest with the swicht
-LZ (leading zeroes).
IMHO not sending LZ is more time wasting: after 8 hours the contest has
been started I have found stations sending numbers for their first qso's,
so copying eg. 4 for me seemed the initial of 4 hundred qso's (possible
after 8 hours), but when exchange ended, I had to wipe quickly 4 and wrote
again 004.
I also used the "ANTA" system, but never exceeding the 32-34 WPM: found few
people asking for a repeat.
It's my 2 cents worth.
Ciao ..Sante

--
                                  \\||//
THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT BY:         (.)(.)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com