[CQ-Contest] Re: Cut Numbers

Fatchett, Mike Fatchett.Mike at tci.com
Thu May 29 12:22:48 EDT 1997

RE: Cut numbers and rate

I highly doubt that cut numbers have any noticeable effect on the rate
over the entire contest.  From the comments I have seen they may in fact
slow down your rate do to having to repeat the number.  Rates of over
100 are pretty good on cw but that leaves allot of time in between
contacts.  If my math is correct 2 Q's per minute is a rate of 120.
That's 30 seconds per Qso.  Cutting a few dits or dahs will have no
impact.  Now if you could run at 300 Q's an hours you might have
something!

For what its worth.

Mike
W0MU