[CQ-Contest] SO vs. SOA and 1 radio vs. 2 radio

Joe Subich, W8IK w8ik at ibm.net
Sat Nov 1 10:58:48 EST 1997

At 03:17 PM 10/31/97 +0000, you wrote:

>I found it interesting, some of the ones opposed to lumping the SO and
>SOA together, are the same ones who are opposed to some indication of 1
>radio vs. 2 radio in the standings.  Just turn the arguments around, and
>you'll know how a lot of us 1 radio guys feel about having our scores
>compared to the 2 radio guys.

I agree with many of your arguments for a distinction between 1-radio
and 2-radio distinction in results (just as there should be an
indication SO vs. SOA).  However, how do you handle the FT-1000D,
since it provides fully independent receive?  Coupled with an auto-
QSY and tune amplifier (with a little station construction ingenuity),
an FT-1000D equipped station can be QRO 2-radio station if the station
designer and operator make full use of the capability.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W8IK  ex-AD8I
       <w8ik at ibm.net>

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com