[CQ-Contest] VK9LX Update

Dan Flaig,K8RF k8rf at fuse.net
Sun Nov 2 16:07:04 EST 1997

VK9LX Lord Howe Island DXpedition
November 23 to Dec 1 , 1997

Everything is on schedule for Nick VK2ICV/VK9LX and my(K8RF) operation
the last week of this November.
We will be operating Multi/Single in the CQ WW CW Contest.
We will run two stations before the contest as much as possible.

Equipment:
 TS-930,TS-850,MLA2500,Laptops
Antennas:
 "Battlecreek Special" for 160/80/40 meters,20 Meter high Vertical for
80,3 element Tribander for 10/15/20.Beverage Receiving antennas if space
permits,160 meter Dipole.

We will make special efforts to be on 160, 80 and 40 meters before the
contest.
We have a good Antenna Tuner to help get us on the WARC bands.
Nick has just pre-shipped all of our antennas to Lord Howe Island.
This package includes the "Battlecreek Special" on loan from W8UVZ and
friends,a Triband Beam(TNX VK4FW),MLA2500 Amp,20 Meter long Vertical,2"
Masting for beam,Coax,Antenna Tuner,etc.
 We have been provided with a Laptop computer and software courtesy of
DEBCO electronics.
 Also TNX to VE7BS,NM7M and XYL,W2UE/7 and others for their financial
contributions.
ANY help no matter how modest is appreciated,we heed help NOW before we
leave,if possible.
 Right now we plan on taking just the one amplifier,we have an offer of
another loaner amp as well,if we can afford the overweight shipping
charges for it we will bring it along.

 We hope to put a new one in everyones logs,especially on Topband!
Dan Flaig, K8RF  Second Op VK9LX
2101 Ronaldson Ave.
Cincinnati,Ohio
45230-1510