[CQ-Contest] Re: [3830] VY1JA score and unQRT

Bill Fisher - W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Mon Nov 3 07:57:40 EST 1997

> If you were one of the last 300 or so QSOs, be sure to thank those ops
> that had gotten me to make a commitment to be there for them.  The rude ops
> had driven me QRT but my commitment required me to get back on the air.
>
> No promises for next year... If anyone wants to activate the Yukon from my
> station feel welcome.  I will not take this kind of stress again.

Jay,

Why would you feel stress over a bunch of guys calling you?  You were
doing fine.  I was listening when you went QRT.  Next year do the
following...

1.  If you work more hours of the contest, the pile will be smaller.
2.  If the pileup gets big, operate split.  Just say "UP".  Listen where
you can hear someone.  So what if the pileup gets 20KC wide.
3.  If you are feeling stressed by the pileup, go around and call guys
for awhile until you feel calm again.
4.  If you are feeling streesed by the pileup, QSY.  CQ again.
5.  Pick a frequency REAL high or REAL low.  Less guys will be likely to
find you.  Once the pile is gone, move to the meat of the band.

I hope you dont let the actions of the few ruin it for the many.  You
were doing FB.

73

Bill, W4AN

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com