[CQ-Contest] SS for NA Only

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Sun Nov 9 06:57:07 EST 1997

I'm a little bit disturbed by the sentiment expressed by
Tom DL8AAM that everyone should be able to play in SS.

A few weekends a year (but not as many as some would
have you believe) we contesters take over the six HF bands
and effectively say to those who don't want to play the game
that we enjoy  "find a spot high in the band (maybe) or use
a WARC band." Now during Sweepstakes we contesters
outside the United States are in a similar position and if we
can't take it on these occasions, why should we expect the
non-contesters to take it? For myself, I work some non-USA
DX or do some antenna work or catch up with some other
chores.

Just my two pence from this side of the Atlantic.

Dave G4BUO

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com