[CQ-Contest] BOUNCE cq-contest@contesting.com: Approval required:

owner-cq-contest at contesting.com owner-cq-contest at contesting.com
Tue Nov 11 09:40:12 EST 1997

>From trey  Tue Nov 11 09:40:08 1997
From: K5NZ at aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:31:36 -0500 (EST)
To: CQ-Contest at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 1 X 1 Callsigns-Contest Advantage?

Just because someone finds a way to achieve an advantage (or maybe a
disadvantage) is what the world is about!  Usually the ones that bitch about
it are the ones that wish they had thought about it first!

Now maybe offering a "prize" to those who work the 1x1's might be considered
"not in the spirit od the event".  But using a special call by the rules is
in no way "cheating" ;-)

If I wanted to win bad enough and had the money I guess I could offer $10 to
everyone that works me in SS.  (note... this is not an official offer!)

"You know it's always something" (to quote Rosanne Rosanna Dana)  your buddy
has a better antenna, he has an amp, he can talk faster, he has a tiny piece
of spit on his chin,  he has a 1x1 call...... Just operate and do your best!
 I had to learn that the hard way! ;-)

c ya in SS  maybe as K5R  (I too, thought about it)!!

mike k5nz

 -
 ---
Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com