[CQ-Contest] Guest Operators

David Jones kk7gw at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 14:23:41 EST 1997

Being one of those "younger operators" (14), and also one who does
turn in 200-300 Q's each domestic contest with dipoles (more like 50
in DX contests), I would gladly guest op at a station. The only
problem is money and getting parent's approval.  If I had a big
station, I would be on all 48 of CQWW as opposed to the 8-12 I will be
at my home station, because at this point in the cycle (even with
things looking up) my dipoles at 25-30 feet just won't cut it to try
to do a decent effort in a DX contest.  In a domestic contest, I can
rack up a good 200-300 Q's but can't get anything going. As to CW, I
can send close to the best of them...had a fun time working all the
Top Ten'ers in CW SS.  But...anyone with a spare station in
Washington, or Oregon, or VE7 land even, I'd be more than willing to
work any contest.  I've got a friend that would too.

One of the best things I think I've done is read all the stories,
especially those in the Top Ten.

David Jones, KK7GW
kk7gw at hotmail.com