[CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes Check

W2CE W2CE at prodigy.net
Wed Nov 26 15:28:26 EST 1997

Several years ago I questioned the ARRL contest branch about using my
normal check of 62 for my callsign <VS> the club callsign I am trustee
of which is 30. As I suspected I was told to use the year of the
callsign I was using. The year that it was issued. I didn't ask about
changing a callsign at that point but would assume once established as
62 I wouldn't change in to 96 for my vanity callsign.

Contrary to comments of using the check of "YOU THE OPERATOR", I believe
the intention is for the check of the license.

I don't recall ever seeing a multi-op station changing check numbers
during a contest for different operators.

       73, Bob, W2CE

   Robert Reed, W2CE                        W2CE at prodigy.net
   1991 Route 37 W Lot 109                  w2ce at aol.com
   Pines Acres Manor II                     w2ce at juno.com