[CQ-Contest] CW WW RTTY Complaint

Rod Fitz-Randolph w5hvv at aeneas.net
Thu Oct 2 00:04:01 EDT 1997

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997 14:50:58, Jim Hollenback wrote:

>7040 is the RTTY DX window. Europe and Asia can't work RTTY above 7055. Hence
>the CQ'ing around 7040. Couple times a year we're going to be there.

I certainly wasn't aware of that.  I think that most individuals that engage
in QRP aren't aware of that.  Will be on the watch for future RYRY weekends
and will avoide QRPing at that time.  Hope the new band limits (6.900 to
7.200 MHz) will allow a division that will avoid such a conflict between the
QRPers and the RYRYers.

Regards,

Rod, N5HV
w5hvv at aeneas.net