[CQ-Contest] Does CQWW list you in the WRONG call area?

DougKR2Q at aol.com DougKR2Q at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 14:59:35 EDT 1997

Dear Contesters:

In an effort to "improve" catching logs that may be listed "in the wrong zone
or call area," the CQWWCC respectfully requests that you include the portable
indicator ON YOUR SUMMARY SHEET when entering your callsign!  This means
writing/entering your callsign as YOURCALL/your actual call area.  Eg:
K3EST/6

No, we don't want you actually SIGNING your call as "K3EST portable 6" or
"K3EST/6" unless you want to.

Of course, if your call is "N6AA portable 1A0", then SIGNING the portable
part would probably make sense.    :-)

Anyhow, the biggest problem encountered in getting everyone into the correct
call area is that K3EST might list his CALLSIGN as K3EST but only list his
qth as Davis, California in the ADDRESS area of the summary sheet.  If we
forget to glance down at the ADDRESS, we will miss your REAL zone/call area.
 So PLEASE put your callsign down as PORTABLE in the proper call area, even
though that may NOT have been the way you actually signed your call during
the contest.

With sincere thanks,

de Doug KR2Q
for the CQWW Contest Committee