[CQ-Contest] XU6WV SK

VR97BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Wed Oct 29 04:38:17 EST 1997

It is with great regret I report to you that Mike Vestal, W0YZS, VR2WV,
ex-SV0FE & currently known as XU6WV passed away in Cambodia the evening of
27 October.

Mike to me was the personification of a "real" ham - having been serious
about VHF/UHF (W0YZS achieved 432 MHz WAS #1), DXing, contesting, 160,
antennas & the like for longer than I've been alive.

His professional life was equally multi-faceted & his technical knowledge
was not only extensive, but based on the hands-on, soldering iron in one
hand & 'scope probe in the other approach - unlike those who couldn't
engineer their way out of a wet paper bag if their life depended on it.

Mike was simply one of those no-nonsense, one-of-a-kind guys & one of my
best friends here in my adopted home.  I can think of few who will miss him
more.

Condolences can be sent to me for QSPing to his wife.

73, VR97BrettGraham
vr2bg at harts.org.hk

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com